Child Protection Policy
This policy applies to all staff, students or anyone working on behalf of Up-beat.
The purpose of this policy:
- to protect children and young people who receive Up-beat’s services. This includes the children of adults who use our services;
- to provide staff and volunteers with the overarching principles that guide our approach to child protection;
Up-beat believes that a child or young person should never experience abuse of any kind. We have a responsibility to promote the welfare of all children and young people and to keep them safe. We are committed to practice in a way that protects them.
We recognise that:
- the welfare of the child/young person is paramount;
- all children, regardless of age, disability, gender, racial heritage, religious belief, sexual orientation or identity, have the right to equal protection from all types of harm or abuse;
- working in partnership with children, young people, their parents, carers and other agencies is essential in promoting young people’s welfare.
We will seek to keep children and young people safe by:
- valuing them, listening to and respecting them;
- adopting child protection practices through procedures and a code of conduct for staff and volunteers;
- providing effective management for staff and volunteers through supervision, support and training;
- recruiting staff and volunteers safely, ensuring all necessary checks are made;
- sharing information about child protection and good practice with children, parents, staff and volunteers;
- sharing concerns with agencies who need to know, and involving parents and children appropriately.
Photography & Videography Policies
Up-beat tutors may, for posterity, marketing, advertising and record keeping purposes have occasion to store digital photographs videos or DVD’s of children taken during classes and/or performances. These digital images will only be used in the publication of printed marketing material, website and promotional items pertaining to the activities of Up-beat.
The copyright of all photographs shall be retained by Up-beat
Permission for consent for the use of any digital images will be sought upon enrollment to Up-beat. If parents/guardians/carers do not agree to the use of images of their children being used as described above, they should make this known in verbal and written form. Up-beat will take all reasonable steps to ensure no images are used where it has been expressly requested against their use.